freelance writing opportunities,

Freelance Writing A Career From Anywhere,

Mediterranean Island. Beach in Africa. East coast east of New Zealand. What do these places have in common? A recent announcement of help for freelance writers has prompted responses in all of these areas. In one of these and many other far-flung places, I know of writers who work independently with the right level of success.

It is certainly possible for freelance writers to work anywhere.

Consider what happened to me recently. As the editor of the Worldwide Freelance Writer website, I publish a booklet from thousands of independent writers around the world. I remember one issue in mid-2002. I started editing this book with the heat and humidity of Hong Kong. When the first draft was met, I was in Indianapolis, United States. By the time I finished my last copy and pressing the send button, I was at a beach house in Ontario, Canada, with the snow falling just outside.

Maybe you are interested in freelance writing but are worried about living in the right place. Think again. Freewriting is a job you can do anywhere. Of course, if your home is close to planning offices in New York you can use your proximity to a particular benefit. But many freelance writers work successfully from faraway places, and in many cases enjoy a better life in their communities.

Take Ron Irwin, for example. An American freelancer, Ron from a small beach house in Cape Town, South Africa. Most of his work is in North American markets. Consider Vella Corinne, a native of Malta in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea. On this historic island - the Order of St John was located here and the temples are thought to be older than the pyramids - it records aspects of travel and life.

Writers in places like these, rather than being in serious danger, can enjoy many benefits. First of all, these writers are in a very good position to write about their places, people, and their culture. Also, the cost of living is often less expensive than that of writers in big cities. And if that is not enough, what about clean, fresh air?

Writers working from far away places usually live in a clean, peaceful environment, and can live close to outdoor and leisure activities. Vella describes how she enjoys warm days: “When I pack my computer, I head out to sea. The distance is short and, as the island is small, I am always close to the center of anything that happens here. I would be able to manage my time in a way that I would not otherwise be able to if I lived in a busy city. ”

Twenty years ago writers from far and wide were often frustrated by the slow pace of communication with editors on the other side of the world. It usually takes months to get a response from the editor. Waiting for the answer to that question was as exciting as watching the grass grow!

In recent years the Internet has made it easier for freelancers to communicate with almost anyone, anywhere in the world. In the example above I traveled a few countries over a period of three weeks and was able to run my own business at the same time. Most of my clients didn't even know I was 'going'. Little did they know that between receiving and responding to their messages, I was fishing in the lake and hiking in the mountains. I was able to easily communicate with important contacts, and write and send my newsletter.

But do you know what made it even more interesting? When I went my website was working hard, all the time, ‘day and night’. Although I flew 30,000 feet [30,000 m], I slept a little, and I was well-stocked with books and books. Now if that wasn't a freelancer's dream come true, I don't know what! Such success was rarely achieved before the advent of email and the World Wide Web.

Kathy Crockett's private from Gisborne, New Zealand, on the east coast of the North Island. He commented on the difference that technology makes when working from such a place. It is a city of 35,000 ″, he explains, Its neighbors near the size of the city to walk three hours on windy roads intranet the internet, mobile phones… technology allows me to be wherever I want to be… and trick others into thinking I am where they would like me to be! ”

Of course, working remotely is not always easy and there are many challenges that writers face. Isolation is a common occurrence. Vella explained to me that she has a way of dealing with it. “Sometimes it seems that I have an atomic altercation. I estimate that by setting a 'face-to-face' time each day, "he explains." I agree with him. Sometimes you have to make a conscious effort to spend time with family, friends, or other writers.

Another challenge could be technical difficulties. Finding a PC repair shop may not be easy. Internet access may be unavailable or unreliable. There are many, many places in the world that do not even have telephone lines, let alone access email. You can still work as a freelance writer in these areas, but it won't be that easy. If you have a choice of where you live, always try to choose a city with telephone lines with reliable Internet access.

And that applies when you are on vacation again. Check the technology available in advance. In the example of my trip above, I found a surprise. There was no telephone line or email to enter the cottage. My initial nervousness eased when I received a call not too far away. In the freezing cold, I stepped onto the road. When I pressed the send button for my newsletter my notebook computer was connected to a paid phone.

Are writers in remote areas in big trouble? Impossible! I am marketed with the idea that you can work as a freelance writer anywhere. And while you will face some challenges, none of them will be invincible.

So if you are looking for a job that you can do anywhere, don't go any further. The writers to whom I refer and many others work effectively wherever they are. You can too. Open your notebook. Start writing. You can start building a rewarding career as a freelance writer today.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url