How To Really Notice Blessings In Your Life

How You Can Find Real Blessings in Your Life

To truly realize the blessings I invite you to think outside the box ... literally. Out of the box of your worries and problems you see what God has given you that you do not even notice.

All of the following is a real blessing.

New Set of Containers and Food Storage

First I want to tell you about the dishes and Food-Saver. The most amazing story and will always remember me whenever I need to be reminded of God’s goodness to me and His perfect goodness.

When I was in college and graduating from school I was - I was a poor student struggling. As the dishes broke I could not go out and buy a new set so that my matching utensils were reduced slightly. At the same time I had children coming back and bringing their various dishes, and, as the years went by my dishes became a different mess.

One day I was getting a bowl and I just said under my breath, "One of these days I'm going to get a set of the same dishes."

That's all ... that's all I said and I never thought of anything else about it.

A few days passed and I took something out of the fridge and the fridge was burned. I exclaimed, "One of these days I'm going to get another Food-Saver" and I never thought of anything else about it.

I did not speak those things to anyone except me and to those listening to God.

A few days later a friend of mine, Tuck, came in with that box and the Food-Saver ... full of 2 boxes of custom bags. The client had given her both that day and she gave it to me.

The dishes go well with my kitchen.

Now what would be the "opportunities" I could say (for me and God only) looking for the same dishes as Food-Saver and my friend being given those 2 very few things a few days later.

Identify something like this as a Blessing and not in coincidence because when God is involved nothing happens.

Never take glory for God like that.

My Strongly Dressed Hat

As a construction designer / project manager I always wear a strong hat. A few years ago my grandchildren adorned me with a solid white hat. Three of the four older children drew Christian pictures while the fourth drew pictures related to FSU (as an alumni is still a blessing).

It is a blessing that they are artistic and think so spiritually.

My worship place

Lastly ... but certainly at least ... my place of spiritual training. My worship place is a blessing to me. I have raised my grandchildren in it and they and I have come a long way, speaking spiritually, because of the good, healthy teaching we have been taught.

Here is the Flip Side

Believe it or not, the same things we have just talked about like such blessings, dishes and Food-Saver, a strong hat, and a church, can be easily transformed and considered oppressive. For example:

Dishes should be washed and replaced (larger set than usual)

Need to buy Food-Saver flexible bags (expensive)

I had to go to work dealing with subcontractors, unheated / unheated workplaces, and Engineers and Architects who drank and painted.

I have to get dressed to go to church (it's a personal matter, not a requirement)

I use these examples because you can easily see how similar things can be seen as blessings or pressures. But you may not be able to see both sides very easily when it comes to matters of home management.

A quick example is that you may know that mealtimes are stressful but you may not realize it is the solution ... so being able to see it as a blessing ... can be as simple as preparing for something else 'we will always have to deal with daily rain or shine, Winter or Summer, and whether you are sick or healthy.

And I know, without a doubt, the more you prepare yourself the more you can focus on Feeling Blessed (having a well-prepared meal, feeding your family) and Not Focusing (dealing with hungry people with knives).

It's All Really In Your Mind

I hope you are just beginning to see that KSEMAnd it is in your hands to see the positive side of everything that is happening in your life.

For example, I recently took a break from writing and went to a nearby store for a drink and locked my car keys.

When I returned to the store with my backup key I was very grateful that:

I read this lesson ... which will be with me for a LONG time ... less than half a mile from home

It was balanced

Not too cold, though it was February ... in the middle of winter ... and it had been very cold even the last few days.

I needed to leave even though I would not take your time today

I had nothing in me or myself that was painful ... back, legs, feet, etc.

I was not in a hurry to get somewhere

So I was able to focus on my blessings instead of on myself. I was exercising on a good day.

It is up to you to truly recognize the blessings in your life and lessen your stress. It is a test and the Bible actually instructs us to do so in Philippians 4: 8 where it says, “But, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; Whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is lovely, whatever is good, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good report, if there is anything praiseworthy, think on these things.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url